|   ,-,|| perish = destroy, lose, die, mar|
|   ,-||everlasting = perpetual, eternal, forever|
Salvation is all of God - Jesus Christ plus nothing and minus nothing. He gives everlasting life to whosoever calls upon Him in faith believing in His Word.
If we could perish after salvation, then God would be a liar.
God is Truth. The life He gives is perpetual - therefore we shall not perish.
We, as Christians, have everlasting life.
Turn in your Bible and read John 6:37.
约翰福音 6:37 - 凡父所赐给我的人，必到我这里来。到我这里来的，我总不丢弃他。
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
If we come to Jesus by faith, will He ever cast us out?
What does no wise mean?
请请阅读 约翰福音 10：27-28
Read John 10: 27-28
我的羊听我的声音，我也认识他们，他们也跟着我。 28 我又赐给他们永生。他们永不灭亡，谁也不能从我手里把他们夺去。
John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
What does God give us?
Will a Christian ever perish?
Can any man pluck a Christian out of Jesus hand?
请请阅读 约翰福音 5:24.
Read John 5:24.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
What does a Christian have?
Will a Christian come into condemnation?
What has a Christian passed from?
请请阅读 约翰一书 5:13.
Read 1 John 5:13
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Can we know we dwell in Christ?
请请阅读 约翰福音 3:18.
Read John 3:18
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
If you have trusted Christ as Savior will you ever be condemned?
请请阅读 罗马书 10:13.
Read romans 10:13
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Are you a whosoever?
Did you call on the name of the Lord?
Are you saved?
Who told you that you were saved?
Note: If the Word of God told you that you were saved - don't ever let Satan (or any man for that matter) try to convince you otherwise!
请请阅读 罗马书 8:34–39.
Read Romans 8:34-39
谁能定他们的罪呢。有基督耶稣已经死了，而且从死里复活，现今在神的右边，也替我们祈求。（有基督云云或作是已经死了而且从死里复活现今在神的右边也替我们祈求的基督耶稣麽） 谁能使我们与基督的爱隔绝呢。难道是患难麽，是困苦麽，是逼迫麽，是肌饿麽，是赤身露体麽，是危险麽，是刀剑麽。 如经上所记，我们为你的缘故，终日被杀。人看我们如将宰的羊 然而靠着我们的主，在这一切的事上，已经得胜有馀了。 因为我深信无论是生，是天使，是掌权的，是有能的，是现在的事，是将来的事， 是高处的，是低处的，是别的受造之物，都不能叫我们与神的爱隔绝。这爱是在我们的主基督里的。
Romans 8:34-39 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Who makes intercession for us?
Who or what can separate a Christian from the love of God?
Is God's love eternal?
请请阅读 约翰一书 5:11–12.
Read 1 John 5:11-12
1John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
What has God given us?
What is eternal life given in?
If we have the Son, what else do we have?
Recommended word studies: eternal, everlasting, forever
When you are ready, answer the following questions:
Can a gift be bought or earned?
If Jesus gives us everlasting life what could you ever do to lose it?
If we are kept by God, in His power, in the palm of His hand - how could we ever slip out?
Is God Almighty?
If you answered yes; then how could you lose your salvation - since He says that He keeps it.
Aren't you glad that you are saved forever? EVERLASTING LIFE IS JUST WHAT IT SAYS.
- 约翰福音 3:16—18, 3:36, 5:24, 6:29, 6:37, 14:14
John 3:16—18, 3:36, 5:24, 6:29, 6:37, 14:14
- 罗马书 8:34-39
- 以赛亚书 45:17-19
- 彼得前书 1:3-5
1 Peter 1:3-5
- 约翰福音 10:28
- 歌林多后书 5:17—21
2 Corinthians 5:17-21
- 希伯来书 7:25
- 启示录 21:22-27
EVERLASTING LIFE IS JUST WHAT IT SAYS.
Lesson 3: Reading Your Bible Everyday - No Bible No Breakfast!
If you want to know God you'll have to start reading the Word of God.
请请阅读 约翰福音 1:1
Read John 1:1-2
John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
法 如何对待旧约中的（律法和先知），还有新约中的（基督死而复活的事实）（请看路加福音 16：19-31）.
Jesus, when He preached about the rich man in hell, related that men will be judged on how they treat the Old Testament (the law and the prophets) and the New Testament (the fact of Christ's resurrection from the dead)
In this lesson and those that follow, we are not copying out every verse for the reader/mentor into this booklet. This will allow you to look up the verses yourself in your copy of God’s Word (which is useful).
The Word of God is food for hungry souls.
- 以赛亚书 55：2；它是美物。
Isaiah 55:2; It's good food.
- 耶米亚书 3：15；牧师总是会提供食物，教会的大门也永远敞开服务。
- 以西节书 34：14-16；神可以引领你去他能为你提供食物的教会。
- 约翰福音 6：51；耶稣基督就是神的活生生的话语。他在十字架上为我们受难而死。
- 哥林多全书 10：3-4；神的话语是为了给予我们力量。
- 启示录 2:7, 基督徒就是那得胜者。
每天平均阅读五个篇章。. 圣经的目录可以帮助你计划每天的阅读。 用每天阅读神的话语来挑战自己，并在复习神话语的时候请求主帮助你正确理解。
- 创世纪 15:1, 15:4
- 出埃及记 :10, 9:20
- 民数记 3:51, 11:23, 14:20, 15:31, 30:2
- 申命记 4:2, 5:5, 8:3, 18:20, 30:14, 34:5
- 撒母耳记上 3:21, 9:27, 15:23, 15:26
- 撒母耳记下 7:25, 22:31
- 列王记上 18:21
- 列王记下 20:16
- 历代志下 6:17
- 诗篇 18:30, 33:4, 33:6, 56:10, 68:11
- 诗篇 119, 130:5
- 箴言 30:5
- 以赛亚书 28:13, 66:5
- 耶利米书 1:12, 7:2, 24:4
- 以西结书 1:3, 16:35
- 但以理书 9:2
- 何西阿书 1:1
- 约珥书 1:1
- 约拿书 1:1
- 弥迦书 1:1
- 撒迦利亚 4:6
- 玛拉基书 1:1
- 马太福音 4:4, 8:8, 12:36, 26:75
- 马可福音 2:2, 7:13, 16:20
- 路加福音 4:4, 4:36, 5:5, 8:15
- 约翰福音 1:1, 1:14, 4:50, 15:20, 17:17
- 使徒行传 2:41, 4:4, 6:7, 12:24, 13:44
- 罗马书 9:9, 10:8, 10:17
- 歌林多前书 4:20
- 以弗所书 6:17
- 歌罗西书 1:25, 3:16
- 提摩太前书 4:5
- 提摩太后书 2:9, 4:2
- 希伯来书 4:12
- 雅各书 1:22
- 彼得后书 3:5
- 约翰一书 1:1
- 启示录 19:13, 20:4
- 诗篇 119:105
- 箴言 8:17.
- 使徒行传 17:11
- 提摩太后书 3:16
- 彼得前书 3:15
- 彼得后书 1:20-21
- 彼得后书 3:18
- 希伯来书 4:12-13
- 如果你内心有罪，你就不能讲道、布道、歌颂或见证神的大能。（约翰一书 1：9）)
2. 以耶稣基督的名义祷告。（约翰福音 14：13-14，约翰一书 5：14）.
3. 诚心祷告。 (马太福音 21:21-22, 路加福音 17:5-6, 马可福音 11:22).
所以你们要彼此认罪，互相代求，使你们可以得医治。义人祈祷所发的力量，是大有功效的。 以利亚与我们是一样性情的人，他恳切祷告，求不要下雨，雨就三年零六个月不下在地上。 他又祷告，天就降下雨来，地也生出土产。 我的弟兄们，你们中间若有失迷真道的，有人使他回转。 这人该知道叫一个罪人从迷路上转回，便是救一个灵魂不死，并且遮盖许多的罪。
1. 以利亚的真诚祷告[雅各书 5：17]。/p>
2. 以利亚再次祷告（雅各书 5：18）
祷告就是希望。 我们的希望就是全能的神——天堂和人间的造物主！ 让神使用你。
- - 家人。
- - 朋友。
- - 你不喜欢的人。
- - 我们的国家。
- - 领导人/智慧。
- - 做正确的事
- - 我们的教会.
- - 我们的教会.牧师/家人
- - 员工/家人.
- - 患病/痛苦的人们.
- - 寡妇/失去父亲的人。
- 诗篇 29:2, 38:18, 55:17
- 诗篇 100:4
- 马太福音 6:26, 7:7
- 路加福音 11:2-4
- 腓立比书 4:6
- 希伯来书 4:16
- 彼得前书 5:7
- 约翰一书 5:14
Lesson 5: Baptism By Immersion
the believer's first step of obedience.
Until a Christian gets baptized, they will never experience the full blessing of God.
Baptism is a command of the Lord.
The word baptism means: to make whelmed (fully wet).
- “(used in ceremonial ablution washing/cleansing) washing, cover wholly with a liquid, to moisten, to stain, to dip”.
Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change.
It's like putting on your uniform (if you have a military background) after you have already sworn to obey the officers appointed over you (at your enlistment). Salvation comes first. It is a gift of God bought with the precious blood of Christ. The thief on cross was not baptized yet the Lord promised him he would be in paradise that day with Him.
1. There is a command to be baptized. (Mark 16:15-16,
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Matthew 28:19-20). Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Only believers are to be baptized.
Only two people know for sure whether a person is saved or not; that person and God. Therefore when a person comes forward for baptism, if they say that they are saved - they should not be refused.
- When a person is saved, they are saved into the body of Christ. The body of Christ comes together in heaven at the rapture.
Acts 2:41. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
I baptize means, I dip, immerse, or submerge.
- 3000 converts baptized at Pentecost (Acts 2:41).
- Samaritan men/women baptized (Acts 8:12 - 13).
- Ethiopian eunuch baptized (Acts 8: 36 - 39).
- both of them went down into the water (Acts 8: 38).
- Saul baptized (Acts 9: 17 - 18).
- Cornelius baptized (Acts 10: 47 - 48).
- Lydia's household baptized (Acts 16:14 - 15).
- Crispus and other Corinthians baptized (Acts 18:8).
- Ephesian believers baptized (Acts 19:5).
Repentance and faith are the only grounds for believers baptism.
1. Baptism is a picture of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.
- Buried with him in the likeness of His death.
- Risen again to a new life in Christ.
- Jesus was baptized by immersion. John the Baptist didn't understand it then, but Jesus told him to suffer it to be so. (John 1:29, Matthew 3:13-17, Luke 3:21-22, Mark 1:9–10).
The Lord in this visible action was symbolizing His death, burial, and resurrection in front of His forerunner and the nation of Israel.
- Check out:
- - Ephesians Chapter 4
- - Colossians 2:9 - 3:10
- - 1 Corinthians 10:1 - 17
- - 1Corinthians 12:12 - 31
- - 1 Peter 3:18 - 4:2
2. Baptism adds new converts into the local church (Acts 2:41).
- Baptism is a picture of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.
- It identifies one with Christ as an outward sign to other Christians and the world that the person is a believer.
Infant baptism is not scriptural.
Jesus loved children. The Bible never mentions Him baptizing any. Infant baptism is a doctrine of men.
If you were baptized as a baby that is something you had no control over.
Salvation has nothing whatsoever to do with baptism.
Jesus Christ plus nothing and minus nothing. Trust Christ.
Reference these scriptures:
- Matthew 3:5–6, 3:15– 16, 28:19 -20
- John 3:23
- Acts 2: 41 -42, 8:26 – 40, 9:17 – 18, 10:44 – 48, 16:14 -15, 30-34
- Romans 6:3-7
- 1 Corinthians 11:23 - 28
- Colossians 2: 12
Here are a few questions to consider:
1. Why did the Lord Jesus get scripturally baptized by John the Baptist?
2. Does baptism save?
3. What is baptism a picture (or type) of?
4. Does baptism wash away sins?
5. Who should be baptized?
6. When should a believer be baptized?
7. Who is authorized to baptize believers?
8. Should babies be baptized?
9. If you were baptized as a baby and got saved later in life, should you be baptized now?
10. What is the next step for a believer after baptism?
11. Can a believer join the church without baptism?
You will NOT grow as a Christian until you follow the Lord in baptism by immersion.
- Romans 6:3-5
- Acts 2:41-42
- Acts 8:36-38
- Matthew 28:19
- Matthew 3:13
- Mark 1:9-10
- Acts 16:30-33
Baptism By Immersion – the believer's first step of obedience.
Lesson 6: Local Church Membership
The word church is found eighty times in the New Testament (the word churches - 35 times).
The word church (churches) means ‘a called out assembly of believers’
The first place church is used in the New Testament is in Matthew 16:18: And I say unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Peter had just confessed in front of the other disciples that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living
God. Upon that profession of faith - the Lord would build his church.
Christ is the Rock (Deuteronomy 32:4, 32:31, 2 Samuel 23:3, 1 Corinthians 10:4) - the foundation of the church.
We as believers stand on His righteousness alone, because of the manifold grace of God. The local church is a called out assembly of born again believers.
Believers are those who have made a public profession of faith in Christ. Proper candidates for church membership (those who are saved) have been baptized by immersion in that local church - (or a church of like faith and practice).
It is the custom of some Christians not to attend a local church. This is not what the Bible teaches.
We are to be faithful to the local church that God leads us to.
Finding a good church can sometimes be difficult - but God is able.
All churches are full of sinners - saved and lost ones.
Go to the church God leads you to and plug in - make that church better than when you found it.
Ask God to show you what He would have you do there. Read Hebrews 10:25. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Jesus died for the church and He is the head of the church.
Pastors are under shepherds.
Christ is the Good Shepherd who gave His life for the sheep.
The Lord left His church on earth to occupy till He comes.
We are to be about His business – See Matthew 28: 16 - 20.
- Go - (You, Me, the Church).
- Teach - What better place to learn than in a local church?
- All Nations - Support missions personally through the local church.
- Baptizing - This and the Lord's Supper are the two local church ordinances.
Teaching them to observe - The whole Word of God must be taught in a local church.
Faithful Pastors Receive Crowns
- Awards Ceremony Scheduled after the Rapture
Faithful Members also to Receive Crowns 1 Peter 5: 1 – 7
Reference these scriptures:
- Matthew 28:19 - 20
- Acts 2:41 – 42, 6: 1 – 7, 13:1 – 3, 14:26 – 27, 15:1 – 35, 20:17:28
- 1 Corinthians 5: 11 – 13, 6:1 – 3, 11: 2, 12:4, 8 – 11, 16:1 - 2
- 2 Corinthians 2: 6 – 7, 8:23-24
- Ephesians 1:22 – 23, 4: 11, 5:23 - 24
- Colossians 1:18
- 1 Timothy 3:1- 13
- 1 Peter 5:1 - 4
- Jude 3 - 4
- Revelation 2:3
- Matthew 18: 15 - 17
- Biblical authority.
- Autonomy of the local church
- Priesthood of all believers.
- Two ordinances.
- Baptism/ Lords Supper.
- Individual soul liberty.
- Saved, baptized church membership
- Two offices: Pastor, Deacon
- Separation of church/state.
There are three ways to join a local church
1. Statement: I am saved. I was baptized in a Baptist Church of like faith and practice.
2. Letter: Former Pastor says the same above in a letter to our Pastor.
3. Baptism: Put your uniform on.
Membership has its privileges.
I challenge you to watch God bless you and your family as you serve faithfully in a local church!
- Acts 13:5
- Acts 2:41-42
- Hebrews 13:17
- Acts 18:8
- 1 Corinthians 11:23-27
- Romans 10:13-15
- Ephesians 3:21
- Galatians 6:1
- Ephesians 4:11-15
Lesson 7: Tithing and Giving - You Can't Out Give God!
There is much historical reference in God's Word concerning giving.
- Abraham tithed
- Jacob tithed
- Moses had to restrain the children of Israel from bringing gifts to the tabernacle in the wilderness.
- David paid out of his own pocket for the threshing floor of Araunah (future site of Solomon's Temple).
- David made great provision for God's house He was restrained from building it - but not from preparing for it.
- A little boy gave Jesus five loaves and two fishes.
- Jesus gave thanks to God for the gift.
- Jesus blessed the gift.
- 5000 people were fed because of a little boy's faith and obedience.
- Joseph and Mary gave sacrificially when they presented Him to the Lord at the Temple.
- Jesus commended the widow for throwing in her last mite.
- The Lord made a memorial in His Word concerning Mary - who anointed Him with ointment of spikenard concerning His burial.
- She'd been listening to Him preach.
- She purchased very costly ointment (only the best for Jesus) and kept it until the right time.
- Joseph of Arimathea gave his own tomb and garden for Jesus' grave.
- Nicodemus helped; they gave 100 pounds of myrrh and aloes.
- Barnabas sold his farm and brought the money to the local church. He literally sold out for Jesus.
- Great fear came upon the local church in Jerusalem when Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Holy Ghost concerning their giving.
You may not have your millions, but throw in your last mite.
Every cent you give to Jesus is precious in his sight.
-Anonymous Christian Convicted!
- Had Been Robbing God for Years!
as reported in Jerusalem by Malachi for the Old Testament News Syndicate
The man was a changed, yet the man was far from God. He didn't realize it until God showed him that he was robbing God by not paying his tithe.
Not that God needs the money - He owns the cattle on a thousand hills.
God had cursed the man and his nation because of his robbery.
God challenged him to start bringing his tithe to the local storehouse (armory, cellar, garner, depository, treasure house - see Malachi 3:10 and Psalm 144:13).
In that day the storehouse was the temple.
Today it is the local church.
Are you robbing God?
If so you are robbing yourself of the blessings God wants to give you.
You don't have room for these blessings. The devourer will be rebuked. Nations will bless your nation. Your land will become delightful.
The choice is up to you. Please read Malachi 3:1-12 prayerfully.
Are you convicted?
What's the Bible say on giving?
- Genesis 14:18 - 20
- Leviticus 27:30
- Malachi 3:10
- Matthew 23:23
- 1 Corinthians 16: 2
- 2 Corinthians 9: 1 - 15
Why did Jesus give thanks after the boy offered him five loaves and two fishes?
- The boy listened.
- The boy gave. Do you have childlike faith to give like this?
- Deuteronomy 8:18
- Philippians 4:17
- Hebrews 7:8
- Malachi 3:10
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- 1 Corinthians 16:2
Lesson 8: Separation - Christian Character; Teach It By Example.
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- wiles = travesty, trickery, lying in wait
Eeryday; put each piece of this armor on with prayer.
1. Helmet of salvation (Eph 6:17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- Know you are saved (1 John 5:13) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- If you know you are saved, remind yourself each day that you are saved and Thank God!
2. Loins girt about with truth (Eph 6:14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- Talk like you are saved.
- Speak the truth in love.
3. Breastplate of righteousness (Eph 6:14)
- Act like you are saved; Do Right!
4. Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Eph 6:15)
- Witness like you are saved.
5. Shield of faith (Eph 6:16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
- Work like you are saved.
- Ask a mighty God for mighty things expecting mighty results (Psalm 2:8). Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
- Ask God to direct your steps (Proverbs 16:9). A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.
- Commit your work to God (Proverbs 16:3) Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
4. Sword of the Spirit (Eph 6:17). And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- Read your Bible like you are saved. Memorize it too.
- God's Word is all powerful (Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
5. Pray like you are saved (Eph 6:19) And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
- Always (be in a spirit of prayer)
- Watch & persevere in prayer.
- Make supplication for all saints.
- Pray for your Paul (your Pastor).
Privileges of Christian Liberty - Galatians 5:1 - 6:18.
1. God gave us liberty when He saved us - don't get entangled with the world after salvation.
- The law is our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ (Galatians 3: 24 -25). Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
- We are not under the law anymore.
- We don't work to be or keep saved; we work because we are saved. (James 2:18). Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
- Faith is what counts with Jesus (Galatians 5:6, James 2: 17, 20).
2. Don't use your Christian liberty in the wrong way.
- We are all Christ's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10). Let God work!
- Quit fussing and fighting over things that are not important (Galatians 6:15) Get to work!
- If you can't say something nice; then be quiet. (Ephesians 4:24, 31 - 32) Put on the new man!
3. Remember that you were once and will remain a sinner until you die. Remind yourself each day that Jesus saved you; then act like it!
- Stay away from the works of the flesh. (Galatians 5: 19 - 21). Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Cultivate the fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5: 22 - 23) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
4. Before you go out to change the world each day; crucify your flesh anew.
How are you doing with your self will?
Are you running your life or are you Spirit filled?
- Galatians 2:20
- Colossians 1:20, 22
- Galatians 5:24
- Galatians 6:14
- Romans 8:7
- 1 John 4:18
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 - 15
- 2 Timothy 2:15
Do you exhibit the Love of 1 Corinthians Chapter 13?
- Galatians 5:24
- Psalm 119:47 - 48, 72, 97, 103, 162
- 1 Peter 1:22
- Hebrews 12:15
- Ephesians 4:26
- Galatians 6:14
- James 4:4
- 1 John 2:15 -17:25
The following Christians fell through compromise with the world:
- Samson, King Saul, Solomon, Jehosaphat, Demas.
God looks at the heart. Note that Samson fell, yet God counted him as a faithful hero.
GOD GIVES SECOND CHANCES (Remember Jonah!).
- 1 John 1:9
- Romans 6:11
- Psalm 119: 9-11
- John 17:17
- Proverbs 28:13
- Ephesians 5:18
- 2 Corinthians 10:5
- 2 Cor. 2:11
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Romans 13:14
- Psalm 139:23-24
Christian Character-Teach It By Example.
Lesson 9: Soul-winning - When Is The Last Time You Won Someone To Jesus?
Isaiah 43: 10 – 11 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen, that ye may know and believe, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I am the Lord, and beside me there is no savior.
Soul-winning is the reason Christians still breathe air.
The Lord's last command should be our first love. Please review:
- Matthew 28:18–20
- Mark 16: 15 – 18
There are many different ways to win souls.
First though we must follow our Lord. He spent three years preparing twelve men to turn the world upside down.
Look at His technique (please review):
- Matthew 4:19
- Mark 1: 16 – 20
- Luke 5: 1 – 11
If we simply follow Jesus He will make us fishers of men. If we come after Jesus, He will make us to become fishers of men.
Jesus knows where the fish are at.
If we launch out at His command and fish where He says we'll be astonished at the results!
- Jesus commanded us to go into all the world ... preaching, teaching, baptizing, and teaching sound doctrine.
- He bids us to follow Him.
- He'll teach us how to fish.
- He'll point out where to fish.
- He'll give the increase.
All we have to do is follow.
Soul-winning is an obedience issue.
- Andrew brought Peter (his brother) to the Lord.
- The saved Gadarene spread the Word across a whole province.
- Paul - a ‘pestilent fellow’ according to the religious elite - helped turn the known world upside down.
Soul-winning Reaps Rewards (please review):
- Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
- Who is righteous?
- What is a tree of life?
- Compare Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
- Who is wise? (Daniel 12:3) And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
- Who will shine when the (saved) dead come to life?
- Describe how the Bible says soul-winners will shine.
- Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
- This is good reason to be where Jesus says to be.
- 1 John 2: 15 -17
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
- Ask God for Acts 20:20 vision.
- Ask God for power.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Matthew 28:18\ And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Check out what the Bible teaches on soul-winning (Please review):
John 13:34 – 35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
- Love folks and pray.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- The Holy Spirit can teach you if you read your Bible and attend your local church faithfully.
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
- Jesus sends us at the moment he saves us; for that is when we receive the Holy Spirit.
John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- We are all chosen and ordained to win souls.
Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
- Daily, in the temple, in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
You only believe as much of the Bible as you'll obey.
Psalm 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
1. Ask God for your own salvation. (Romans 10:13).
- You are either saved or lost.
- You are either a missionary or a mission field.
1. Ask God to save your family and friends: (Mark 5:19, Luke 8:39).
- Go home to thy friends and family and shew what great things the Lord has done for thee.
- God doesn't want us to tell what we don't know. He commands us to tell what we do know.
2. Ask God for souls in your workplace, and neighborhood. (Luke 11: 9 - 10).
- God wants to bless your efforts
3. Ask God for souls in your home, your home city, your home state (or province), you country, neighbors countries, and the entire world. (Psalm 2:8, Malachi 1:11).
4. Ask God for souls in the uttermost. (Acts 1:8)
What have you asked our Mighty God for?
- Matthew 28:19-20
- Matthew 4:19
- 1 Thess. 2: 3-4
- Romans 3:23
- John 3:16
- Romans 10:9
Soul-winning - When Is The Last Time You Won Someone To Jesus?
Lesson 10: The Lord's Supper - Examine yourself!
1 Corinthians (Cor.) 11:17-34
v17: Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
- When the local church meets it should be to worship God.
- Try going to the altar first.
- Don't play church.
1 Cor. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
- If you are prejudiced, examine yourself to see if you are truly a born again Christian.
- Don't be cliquish.
1 Cor. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
- Stick with the Word of God. It will keep you from error.
1 Cor. 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
- Share. Jesus did.
1 Cor. 11: 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
- Stay sober.
1 Cor. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
- Paul corrected error with the Word of God.
1 Cor. 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
- The Lord's Supper occurred in the evening.
- The Lord used real bread (unleavened).
1 Cor. 11: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- The Lord gave thanks. We should also.
- The Lord broke the bread.
- The Lord offered the broken bread to those believers that were present.
- The bread represented the body (which was broken for us: see Isaiah Chapter 53.
- They took the bread and ate it (and were to eat it in the future) in remembrance of that broken body.
1 Cor 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
- The Lord took a cup of crushed grape juice, drank, and gave some to all the believers present who would partake.
- The cup represented His blood - a New Testament - something that would take effect after His death.
1 Peter 1:18 - 19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1 Cor. 11: 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
- The Local church may have the Lord's Supper as often as they wish. There is no set interval.
1 Cor 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
- Unworthily = unfit, irreverently.
- Guilty = liable, subject to.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU PARTAKE OF THE LORD'S SUPPER NEXT TIME – IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!
1 Cor. 11: 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
- Examine = try, prove, discern, distinguish, approve.
- Are you saved?
- If not: Read:
Romans 3:10, 3:23, 5:12, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9 – 10, 10:13,
- Are you a whosoever?
- Has there ever been a time in your life where you asked The Lord to save you?
Why not pray the Sinners Prayer:
Dear Lord, I know I am a sinner.
I know you died on the cross of Calvary for my sins. I take you now as my Lord and Savior. Forgive me of all my sins: past sins, present sins, and future sins. Help me Lord to know I am saved. Amen.
- Did you pray that prayer? Read Romans 10:13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- Are you saved?
- Are you baptized?
- Is thy heart right with God?
1 Cor. 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
- Damnation = condemnation, judicial sentence, judgement.
1 Cor. 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
- Weak & sickly: moral weakness, slackness, lingering ailment, bad state of health.
- Sleep = to be dead.
1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
- Examine yourself before you take the Lord's Supper.
He taught His disciples that this was a time of self-examination in reference to His sacrifice for our sins.
1 Cor 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
- Examine yourself before you get a spanking from God. God wants a pure church.
1 Cor. 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
1 Cor. 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
- Be pleasant to all.
- The Lord's Supper is a remembrance more than a supper.
To help prepare your heart for an upcoming Lord's Supper - Read the following:
- Monday: Matthew Chap. 26
- Tuesday: Mark Chap 14
- Wednesday: John Chap 13
- Thursday: Luke Chap 23
- Friday: John Chap 19
- Saturday: 1 Cor. Chap 11
Ask your student what the Biblical requirements are to partake of the Lord’s Supper.
1 Corinthians 11:17 - 34
The Lord's Supper - Examine Yourself!
Lesson 11: Missions:
We are all to Go and Send!
Romans 10:14 – 15 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And
how shall they preach except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things.
We have a responsibility as Christians to get the gospel out to the uttermost part of the earth during our lifetime.
There are places we cannot go.
Therefore we must support those who can go - in monetary support, in prayer support, and in fellowship.
We like to use Romans 10:13 in our soul-winning efforts.
If you, as a whosoever, call upon the Lord Jesus Christ asking Him to save you, He will save you.
But what about the whosoevers out there in this mean old wicked world, who have never heard about
Jesus? How can they call upon Jesus if they have never heard about Him?
That is exactly why we must send others and support them in their efforts in getting the gospel to a lost and dying world.
Notice who we are to send - preachers!
Romans 10:17 says: Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Local churches are to send out preachers who will proclaim the Word of God.
Let's go to God's Word and see the first two missionaries that the local church sent out: Barnabas and
Let's read Acts 13:1 - 3. In the local church at Antioch there were some folks who were busy ministering using the spiritual gifts God gave them when they were saved.
Acts 13:1-3 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
The local church fasted (and prayed no doubt) about God's will.
The Holy Ghost let it be known to that local church that Saul and Barnabas were to be separated for a special work that the Holy Spirit was calling them to.
In response to the leading of the Holy Spirit, the local church sent Saul and Barnabas on their way after they had fasted, prayed, and laid their hands on them.
Fasting, when joined with prayer, allows a Christian to pour his/her heart out to God unencumbered by the world.
The local church can turn the known world upside down with prayer.
Powerless churches are prayerless churches.
The laying on of hands is symbolic of a united local church agreeing with the Holy Spirit that they recognize the call of God on a person.
So Barnabas and Saul were sent away!
The book of Acts describes two types of missions: home missions and foreign missions.
We are all home missionaries.
We send foreign missionaries - those who minister/preach to those we can't reach.
Foreign missionaries are responsible to the local church in accountability: Missionaries return home periodically to give a report about what God has done through their ministry.
Acts 14:26 - 28 And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled. And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles. And there they abode long time with the disciples.
Tells how Barnabas and Saul give their report to the local church about their missionary church planting efforts.
Is God calling you?
- Minister well in the local church
- Allow the local church to recognize the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Go with the blessing of the local church.
Witness to everyone you come in contact with.
Over 7 billion souls are in the world today.
Who is going to tell them about Jesus if you and I don't?
Go and send!
Psalm 2:8 Ask of me and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
- Psalm 22:27, 68:31, 96:3
- Isaiah 2:2, 11:9, Isaiah 42:4
- Malachi 1:11
- Matthew 24:14, 28: 18 – 20
- Mark 16: 15
- Luke 24:47
- John 20: 21
- Acts 1: 8, 16:9, 26:17–18
- Romans 10: 13 – 15
- 2 Corinthians 8: 7
- Revelation 14:6
The Reluctant Missionary - A Look at Jonah (See Jonah Chapters 1– 4).
- God told Jonah to go to Nineveh.
- Jonah rebelled and ran away.
- God sent a great wind.
- Heathen sailors knew God had done this and asked Jonah why.
- Jonah admitted his wrong but wouldn't repent.
- The sailors asked for guidance.
- Jonah told them to kill him by throwing him in the sea.
- They had more sense than that.
- The most miserable people on earth are backslidden Christians.
- Finally, the sailors threw Jonah in.
- They got saved and made vows.
- God sent Jonah to Whale University for three days/nights.
- Jonah cried out to God.
- The whale spit out Jonah.
- Jonah listened when God called the second time. Will you listen?
The local church is God's chosen means for world evangelism ... through missions.
Go over a missionary prayer letter with your student.
Missions: - We are all to Go and Send!
Lesson 12: Qualifications of Pastors and Deacons.
1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
The following Bible words describe the office of Pastor:
Pastor: to tend a flock, pasture (feed it), to graze, to rule, to associate as a friend.
- Bishop: superintendent, a Christian episcopate, bishop, visitation.
- Elder: Christian presbyter.
- Minister: dikanos, one who runs errands, attendant, waiter, Christian teacher, pastor.
A pastor (1 Timothy Chapter 3) must be:
- blameless, a husband of one wife
- Therefore a woman does not qualify biblically to be a Pastor.
- vigilant, sober
- of good behavior, given to hospitality
- apt to teach, not given to wine
- no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre
- patient , not a brawler.
- not covetous, one who ruleth well his own house
- having his children in subjection with all gravity- not a novice [must be humble]
- have a good report from without
Deacons also must be:
- grave, not double tongued.
- not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre
- holding the mystery of faith in good conscience [saved, separated, serving]
proven [faithful], blameless
Deacons wives must be:
- grave, not slanderers.
- sober, faithful in all things.
And Deacons must:
- be the husband of one wife
- Therefore a deacon can't be a woman.
- rule their children & houses well
Let's also compare the book of Titus (Titus 1:6-9) where Paul instructed him to ordain elders who were to be:
- blameless , the husband of one wife.
- having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly,
or – blameless, not self-willed
- not soon angry , not given to wine.
- no striker.
- not given to filthy lucre.
- a lover of hospitality.
- a lover of good men.
- just, holy.
- holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught.
- an exhorter and convincer of gainsayers with sound doctrine .
- a sharp rebuke.
- a speaker of sound doctrine.
- sound in faith.
- sound in charity.
- sound in patience
Titus was to teach:
- subjection to authority
- obedience to authority
- good works.
- gentleness, meekness
- rejection of hereticks after the first and second admonition
What to expect of your pastor:
- All of the above!
Also compare 1 Peter Chapter 5: Expect:
- That he will feed you
- This implies that you'll be present at all the services for the feeding!
- That he will take willing oversight
- That he will have a ready mind
- That he will be an example to the flock.
What Pastor expects of you:
- Submit to his leadership.
- Be subject to his oversight.
- Be clothed with humility.
- Be sober.
- Be vigilant against the devil.
- Resist the devil by faith.
Pastors will give account of their sheep to Jesus. (Romans 14:12, Hebrews 13:17).
- What will Pastor say about you?
What a blessing he/she was! - Or - Lord, they never would listen; they lived worse than the lost!
1 Peter 5:4-5 promises a crown to those who are faithful Pastors; Faithful sheep get the same crown!
Here are some scriptures to check out as you study this subject:
- 1 Corinthians 9:24, 12:31, 14: 1, 14:12
- Philippians 1:1, 3:13 – 14
- 2 Timothy 2:15
- Acts 6:3, 11:30, 15:2,
- 1 Timothy 5:17
- James 5:14
Qualifications of Pastors and Deacons.